Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's Going To Take Awhile

While today is the first day since Saturday that I can walk without too much pain, I know the psychological pain will last well into the future. These bruises and soreness will fade, but will the emotional scars.

Jason drove me to work for a little while yesterday and I was tense, but was doing pretty well until I saw a semi approaching us from the other lane. I broke down bawling...it hit me. All I could see was the semi that hit us 4 days earlier. I am sure that is the picture I will see for many weeks to come.

I have been taking a Vicodin before bed which has helped with the pain and allowed me to relax and sleep. I am afraid that once I stop, the nightmares will start. All the WHAT IF'S....they are haunting me every moment that my mind is not busy with something else. People ask me why I am back at work already....my answer, because it gives me something else to think about for a while.

I found out the poor tow truck driver who saw the whole thing and was the first to help us knows my friend's mother in law's friend. I guess he is completely shaken by the whole thing. He said it was the worst accident he has ever seen. I want to get his name and address and send him a card...thanking him. He was the man who held my hand when I experienced the most horrifying experience of my life. I will never forget his voice or his face.

No comments: