I never want to forget this...so thought I would put it in my blog.
Thursday, August 10 I started contractions at 4am and had them all day. They didn't start becoming painful until about 5pm. They were still rather irratic, so my husband and I went for a walk up and down the street for 45 minutes. That got them coming every 5 minutes and they were quite painful by this time. So we headed to the hospital and arrived at about 9:30pm. I was so scared they would send me home and say I was not dialated enough. They checked me and I was 4 cm...woohoo! So they got us in a room right away.
Once we were settled I asked for an epidural right away. At midnight, the magic man came. I got an epidural and spinal tap (the tap took ALL pain away for 90 minutes) It was heaven and I was able to sleep a bit. By 4 am I was 7 cm and by 7 am I was 10cm. They turned the epidural off and we waited a bit for it to wear off so I could start pushing. Just after 8am I began pushing. After 2 hours I was getting very tired and they kept turning up the pitocin to help with stronger contractions to help get this baby out. I continued to push for another 1.5 hours. Finally a doctor came in and said we would try the vacuum and if that did not work I would need a c-section. I was so tired and frustrated and was crying by this point. They gave me some oxygen. I told myself I was not going to have a c-section after nearly 4 hours of pushing. So I pushed with all my might and it worked.
Lauren Elizabeth arrived at 11:51am on August 11, 2006. She is a peanut. 6 lbs 5 oz and 19.5 inches long. We are so in love with her and she is so sweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment