Thursday, June 4, 2009

10...15 Years

Wow...I just realized it has been 10 years since I graduated from college and 15 years this weekend since I graduated from high school!! Where have those years gone?

I am loving my new, cute little Canon camera! Takes great pictures...sharp and clear. Will be perfect for when Lauren starts gymnastics in 2 weeks. On the otherhand, something is wrong with my Nikon D40. I have not been able to take a picture for a week now. It powers up, but will not take a picture. I am praying it is something simple to fix and not $$.

I am trying a new "diet" so to speak. It is more of a different lifestyle. I am amazed at how easy it is to follow and I am never hungry! I lost 16 lbs doing my cutting calories and excercise. I have lost 3 so far this week on this new one. My mom got it from the book "Let's Do Lunch". This guy who wrote it is just an ordinary guy (not a doctor, nutrionist, etc.) He weighed over 400 lbs and experimented with different things to find out what would help him lose weight. While this is similar to South Beach, you can eat ALL the fruit you want. Other than that, there are no carbs and I am happy to say I am not missing them and I love my bread and potatoes.

A typical day might be:

Breakfast
banana, cantelope and strawberries

Lunch
Bean soup (beans, tomatoes, ham, onions, carrots, etc.) and a small piece of grilled chicken. 8 oz glass of skim milk

Dinner
Nice big salad (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, mushrooms, etc.) and an apple

Snack
Low fat popcorn (which you can eat 2 times a day if you want)

On this diet you are never hungry because you eat these things until you are satisfied. Breakfast is all the fruit you can eat until you feel full. Lunch is when you load up on your protein (beans, turkey, chicken, beef, fish, etc.) Dinner is veggies and fruit again. I feel more energized. My blood pressure has always been good, but this week it was 88/64!!

No comments: