Friday, September 11, 2009

8 Years Later


Hard to believe it has been 8 years since that terrible day. A day that will always be remembered. Like Pearl Harbor or President Kennedy's Assasination. I can remember that say so vividly. I was 25, working for the same company I do now. I was doing payroll since it was a Tuesday. I was wearing gray dress pants and a burgundy button down top. I was getting ready to begin coaching my 3rd season of basketball. I can still see the images of the planes hitting the towers, of the towers collapsing and all the poor New Yorkers running for their lives. It is the more horrific thing I have ever witnessed and I hope that I never seen anything like that again.
One week later Jason and I began dating...so September marks many anniversaries for us. We also got married in September of 2003.
Please pray for all those souls lost on 9/11 and for all the men and women overseas still fighting for our freedoms.

No comments: