Monday, August 2, 2010

Creepy Crawly

So I have been MIA for the past 6 days....why you ask? One creepy, time consuming, disgusting, frustrate the hell out of me word....LICE! Yes folks, after nearly 35 years of dodging that great epidemic, it hit my home last week. Lauren's daycare had a few cases confirmed the week before and I kept praying she wouldn't get it. Who am I kidding....kids catch EVERYTHING in daycare. Last Wednesday, we found 2 nits and my life has been "nit-picking" ever since.

I am not going to lie, it is the biggest pain in the ass ever! Thankfully it is not painful or anything for the kids, but boy does it make my head hurt. All the laundry, vacumming, disinfecting has me feeling like I have OCD! After the first lice shampoo treatment, vacuuming all furniture, floors, matresses, etc and 13+ loads of laundry, I ran to Target and bought this shampoo in hoped of combating the lice. This shampoo is really wonderful to use every day.

Anyway, we are in the home stretch and I plan to give Lauren treatment #2 tonight. 1-2 hours of checking every inch of her hair every day is getting really tedious and these nits (little bastards) are SO hard to see. They are practically microscopic!

To make matters every better? Our A/C went out again on Saturday. Looks like we will have to have it replaced now at 2 grand or better. Great...another expense we were not counting on having. The house was at 85 this morning. Still waiting to hear back from the heating and air guy. And, of course, it is another hot and humid week here.

WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS!

No comments: