Friday, October 2, 2009

So Long Olympics

Well, Chicago lost out on the bid to the 2016 Olympics. Was rather exciting as some of the events would have been held in my backyard (Madison) I suppose in the long run it is saving all of us from higher taxes to build and update venues. Still would have been neat.

It is October already and the cool, crisp air is in full force. I adore fall, I live for fall. This is my favorite time of year. I will have pictures to share, but I have not downloaded them from my camera and I know there will be more from this weekend. It is a busy weekend for us.

Tonight, we are celebrating Jason and Jennie's birthdays. Saturday, Lauren is going to the Pumpkin Patch with Grandma Diane and Grandpa Dave and cousins. Should be a lot of fun. That afternoon, weather permitting, they will go to Ducktoberfest. Ducktoberfest is put on by the Mallards Baseball team. It has rides and food and fun for the whole family. Sunday is my brother's 30th birthday and we are doing brunch at Granite City. So all in all, a busy and fun weekend ahead.

On Tuesday, at my MIL's party, I sold about $75 worth of my crafts and have a couple of orders that I need to get made as well. The fun never ends.

I have decided to make a list of things I really want to try to accomlish in any given month. Things that will make me happy and healthy. Here is what I have come up with so far.

  • 30-45 minutes of excercise 3-4 times a week
  • drink 64 oz of water every day
  • read a new book a month
  • make at least one new meal a week
  • eat more fruits and veggies
  • date night with hubby once a month

And with the holidays approaching, it is never to early to teach our children that there are people less fortunate and that we should be compassionate and giving. So, I want to try to volunteer and also take part in a giving tree.

Some fun things we plan/hope to do this month

  1. Family photos
  2. Go to a haunted barn
  3. Visit the arboretum
  4. Celebrate Jason/daddy's birthday
  5. MIL's Fall Festivus
  6. Trick or Treating (Lauren decided to be a pirate)

No comments: