Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving and A Lesson

We had a very nice Thanksgiving. I hope everyone else did as well. Time sure went fast and it is back to a FULL week of work. Ugh! I saw New Moon yesterday with friends and I really liked it. So much better than Twilight. Way to go Chris Weitz!

While spending Thanksgiving with family, we also learned a lesson. We were at my father in law's and sitting in the den which has a huge fireplace. The kids have always been good about being careful around it. My nephew was standing on the hearth and out of the corner of my eye I saw Lauren walking over there. Just as I was about to say, "Lauren, be careful and stay away from the fireplace." She let out this god awful scream. She has put her hand on the glass and burned it. My heart literally stopped. I scooped her up and ran her to the kitchen were we put cool water on it and some ice. Thankfully it was now really severe as it took a while to blister. Needless to say the poor thing was in a lot of pain. So we gave her some Tylenol and I put some Neosporin on it and she asked me to blow on it for 2 hours while she sobbed. It was heartbreaking. She finally fell asleep and then I was able to wrap it. The good news is it has not bothered her ever since she woke up from the nap and seems to be healing well. I am so thankful that it wasn't worse or that is happened to her face or something. So...lesson learned.


Lauren with her bandage


Posing with Gram and Gramps Shaw


In her Thanksgiving dress







Out for my parents 40th Anniversary Lunch









Lyla




With Gram and Papa Crowley




With cousin, Carter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Lauren! The glass on fireplaces gets so hot! Even though I know Madeline knows she's not supposed to touch it I always worry that she will forget and put her hand on it for a second. We haven't been able to have a fire ever since Anthony was born because I know he would go up and touch it. Glad to hear that she's okay and that it wasn't too severe!