
So, after hearing great things about this video from friends and online recommendations, I decided to give it a try. Today, marks 40 days till Mindy's wedding. This video guarantees me that in 30 days I will see a dramatic difference IF I stick to it religiously. After my friend told me she tried it for a month and lost inches, I was convinced this might be the perfect workout to tone myself up for the wedding. Everything about it was a positive in my mind.
- 20 minute workout
- cardio
- strength training
- abs
- small free weights
- 30 days make a big difference
- Jillian Michaels
So, 5am came and I rolled out of bed ready to tackle day 1. Got my 5lb free weights, laced up my shoes and I was ready to let Jillian beat me down. I huffed and puffed like never before. My arms shook and burned, as well as, my legs. My heart was just thumping...this was harder than any workout I had tried before. Jumping jacks, jumping rope, squats, lunges, bicep curls, chest presses, ab workouts...it had it all and in only 20 minutes!! UNREAL!
Verdict: I loved this workout. While it kicked my butt and I thought I would die before finishing, it was the best workout ever and I can feel it working. The burn, the aches...all worth it. I am so excited to see results.
I will let you know how Day 2 goes tomorrow!
UPDATE: I have lost nearly 25 lbs since February. I am feeling great and looking better each week. While I am still hoping to lose some more, I know that I am at a healthy weight now and that is a true accomplishment.
3 comments:
Way to go, Pam!
Congrats! 25 pounds is a huge accomplishment! I just moved up to level 2 today. I have to say I like it better than level 1. I don't know if I was just bored or what, but I was really beginning to loathe level 1. I especially hated the last strength training set...well I loved the chest flies, but the side lunge with the front raise thing...I HATED it! So, I am glad to be rid of that. There is nothing even remotely that horrible in level 2. Just lots of plank moves. Good luck! I haven't lost any weight...gained 2 pounds in fact (but that's a completely different story!). David says he can tell I am stronger, and I do believe I am starting to appear more toned. Don't freak out if you gain weight, though. Read this if you do: http://www.columbussports.com/content/writers/dan_falkenberg/ive-started-working-out-why-am-i-still-gaining-weight.shtml
~Amy
Thanks Dena!
Amy, your blog was one that got me interested in it. Yeah, I know muscle weighs more than fat so gaining won't make me too upset. I am hoping to lose some inches though and become stronger and toned. My upper body is so out of shape. I have pain today where I never knew I could...it is a good pain though. Haha! Glad to hear you like Level 2 better than 1.
Post a Comment